Friday, February 25, 2005

Yummy

Well, I must say that after the dinner I was just treated to I may be on my way to gaining back those 10 pounds. Man, you just gotta love those Japanese Steakhouses. Started out with some sushi...which my fiancee tried for the first time (minus the wasabi), easily worked my way through the fried rice...then shrimp...and chicken. I must say by the time I was finished I felt like I wouldn't be able to get out my chair. However...I did run into an old co-worker...not sure if I would call her a friend because we gave each other the very phony pleasantries. Anyhow, remember those breasts of mine I was talking about (or the lack thereof)? Well...let's just say that me and her used to have very similar body shapes...notice the use of the phrase USED TO. Yes, she did something that I have often had fantasies about. That's right...she got her some boobies. Some big ones too...they seemed to be a nice pair...but they just didn't look right on her. Plus, she also seemed very self conscious of them...she kept pulling at her jacket to cover them up. Was she embarrassed that she got them? Was she worried I would say something? I mean, REALLY, if that was the case then she shouldn't have gotten them in the first place. But another question for you guys: Why is it that when people change one part of themselves that the rest of their looks go right along with it? She used to be brunette and now she is blond...she used to wear not a whole lotta makeup and now she seemed to have it caked on. Personally, I think that she looked better before...the plastic. Wow, I practically dedicated this whole post to her...I guess it's just interesting talking about something I have contemplated about...

3 Comments:

Blogger mcgibfried said...

best thing about those steak houses is the origami take home wrapping.

nothing like eating your left overs from the husk of a tin foil swan!

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Uno said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Uno said...

There's a line in a Wilco song that goes, "I know I would die if I could come back new." As twentysomethings mind the bends and potholes of the uneven road, that sentiment appears like a toll booth where we pause and pay with reflection. Many of us stop at regular intervals, which is why plastic surgery is rarely a good idea: What does your friend do the next time she wants to be new?

There are those fortunate souls who cruise through the booth, blessed with chemicals that balance out and parents who made the family work. But for the rest of us, when we can't seem to stay between the lines, the notion of starting over on a different track is seductive. Thing is, no matter how many new paths you blaze, the ones that came before remain fixed in the rearview.

Cheers,
Advocate

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home