Monday, November 07, 2005

Here comes the bride

Nope, not me. Not for awhile anyhow. I went to a wedding on Saturday. It's been awhile since I've attended one. In fact the last couple that I've been to, I've been IN...so it was nice being on the other side for once and not having to stand around waiting for our pictures to be taken (just for the record, photos outside when it's under 40 are not a good idea...the photos will look like shit because everyone is FREEZING their asses off. Some of my sister's wedding photos are a good example...I'm not a big girl and I tend to get cold easily).


Bad things about the wedding I went to:

-the opera singing that took place before the bride and groom kissed (yes, it was super sweet but WAY too long...let them kiss already...R)

-too many people in the wedding party (if there are more than 5, that's bad...she had more than 10! And why wasn't I included? Kidding...)

-not enough seating at the reception (this could be due to people not RSVP'ing...c'mon people that's so rude).

-the dance floor was not big enough (I'm sure to the people that were not dancing thought that those of us that were dancing were partaking in some sort of orgy).

-the cash bar. Understandable...most of the people attending were big drinkers and it would've cost the bride and groom major $$$$. It's not cool having to pay $8 for a glass of wine though.

-drama between the single girls staking their claims on the single guys. Once a girl makes it known to her friends that she's got dibs on a guy then the friends should have the courtesy to back off. J and G didn't understand this concept when it came to N's "claim." Back off bitches!


Good things about the wedding that I went to:

-the party bus. I totally want one of those at my wedding. (There's a pole you guys...c'mon, that's entertainment!)

-drunken idiots=even more entertainment.

-watching someone fall during the limbo. GOOD STUFF!

-a bride that double fists at her own reception.

-the chocolate fountain...need I say more?

-seeing the way the bride and groom look at each other. So sweet. I hope I have that one day.

-a date that actually danced with me...and my dateless friends! (Thanks babe!)

3 Comments:

Blogger JadedTLC said...

party bus, (must write that down)
drunks, ooh funny
limbo falling, oh yeah
double fisting bride (i'm not sure i'll do that til my mom leaves.. someone, with the rufies)
cho co late foun tain. whoever invented that, please give me her address so i can send her a check for 10,000 quid (i'm practicing for London).

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Meems said...

awww how cute. the way the bride and gromm look at each toher is always the best part (to me).
the last wedding i went to, however, was love-less. so sad.

i am so double-fisting at my wedding reception.

10:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish i could have been there! M. and M. are so funny and always find a way to have a great time!! Next time you see them let them know i said hi!! Like i told you before i miss my old life and friends!

Love,

Don

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home