Thursday, November 17, 2005

1-800-INFOMERCIAL

Sadly, I've come to the realization that I will be the epitome of an infomercial when I get old...tooling around in my motorized scooter (easily getting through doorways and smartly turning corners), using my Clapper as I zoom from room to room and then falling off and injuring myself so badly that I'll have to use my little beeper alert thingy to notify 911 that I need help.

See the kinds of things I think about during cartoon time while watching the nephews today? Which by the way was an adventure by itself. I've never watched BOTH of them all day before. Benjamin and Joshua. Please keep in mind that they're 2 and 3 years old repectively (FYI: not fun ages to watch when you are only one person). From 7am until 5pm. Damn. Just damn. Luckily, when they got here they went back to bed until 10 (God was looking down on me today because they never ever do that). We got up, ate some cereal and then got them dressed. Next, we had some playtime...outside and then inside. Riding bikes. Pretending to be Bob the Builder. Candyland. Hour of cartoons. Trains. Making a tent using blankets (my personal fave). Lunch. Ice cream. Reading books. NAPTIME. Shower for me!

Okay, now Joshua doesn't actually take naps. He takes "rests" which means laying down in bed with a book for about 20 minutes. He comes into the bathroom while I was drying my hair and accuses me of waking him up. Yeah, uh huh, sure I did.

More Candyland (so much easier to do without Benny moving the pieces over the board and throwing the cards), some Chutes & Ladders and Memory (which Joshua is BRILLIANT at). Etc...etc...sister finally gets back half and hour late.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Why the hell am I still up?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:09 AM

 
Blogger JadedTLC said...

I kinda love CandyLand, but Chutes and Ladders -- that's more realistic. More like life really is.

Every two steps forward slides you down eight levels. And then you don't mind sliding if it guarantees you that ladder that takes you up eight levels. You know the one.

Whoever invented that game was trying to teach the youngins about life. And for that I am thankful, but damn, how come we never get to see the chutes before they're happening?

PS I bet your nephews are adorable!

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home