Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Leap

I had a shitty day at work yesterday. I was pissed and frustrated. I had had enough. So, guess what I did today? I put my notice in at work! Yes, after almost 6 years it is finally time to go. I don't have another job yet so I better start looking. I put in a MONTH notice for 2 reasons. 1. I still have PTO to use and that would be wrong to put 2 weeks notice in and be gone for one of them. I try to be nice and responsible. Try being the key word. My boss deserves to be screwed over...but not my employees...I could never do that to them. 2. I have a manager's position and that crap is not exactly easy to fill so I'm giving them time to a) shuffle people around from other stores b) hire someone else ASAP or c) promote someone. I'm really hoping for c) because there is a girl at work who deserves to be promoted. Now will she? Probably not...and why? Because she's a girl...I swear it's like pulling teeth to get a female promoted in that company. But I did it. And I'm proud of myself. I'm stoked. I'm scared though too. I know my job inside out and it's scary to go someplace new and start all over again. I just had to jump...

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Masked said...

I wish I had your courage. I have been miserable for months but can't take the leap because I worry about how I will pay bills, get by, etc. Maybe I am just too scared to see what else is out there for me. Fear of failure is my biggest motivator but also serves as the words in my head, what if you are good at what you think you want to do?

Kudos on having the courage to choose a path of happiness. Someday we will all have our dream jobs and actually get the recognition and respect we all deserve.

You will swim...

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Leese said...

Thank you...but I think my courage will lead me to a job to fill time with the money I need until I find what I really want to do. That's what scares me the most...I have no clue what I want to do with my life. A few months ago I could've told you exactly what I had planned but now I'm not so sure. Unexpected events have thrown me into the harsh reality of starting over. I just hope I don't sink.

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home