Monday, May 30, 2005

Pieces

It's really amazing how one person can leave so much behind. I'm looking around my room and all I see are reminders of Handsome Prince. There are pictures of him everywhere and I have a box chock full of memories...movie ticket stubs, a napkin from the restaurant we went to on our one year anniversary, a balloon from our first Valentine's Day together, pictures of him with my nephews...there's just so much. I looked through my photo album of party pics today and his face stared up at me from almost every page. The longer I think about it, the more things I realize I have to get rid of. The box full of blue Christmas ornaments I've been collecting since he proposed (we were planning on doing a Florida Gator tree with orange lights and blue ornaments...how cool am I for doing that?!?!) the picture of us on the mantle, and all the other little things that remind me of him. I can't keep that stuff around...it's a constant reminder. The hardest thing I've had to get "rid of" was my engagement ring. I had to put it back in the little satin box with the wedding band he was supposed to be putting on my finger in December. That little white box is now back in my jewelry box. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. My hand feels so bare...yet I can still feel it on my finger...like some invisible reminder of what I've lost. I just hope one day he realizes what he has given up on...

P.S. I love www.postsecret.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home